Fields: There are a number of different Types of Fields to select from that can be added into your Event Form
When you enter in a new field/question into the Event Form, you can select from the different Field Types.
For each type of field you add into an event form there are a number of properties that can be set for each question that give your data more power, and make entering and interpreting the information much faster. Depending on the type of field that you select to add, each will have different options and setting available to select from. The specific settings and options are discussed in each of the relevant Field Type lessons. This lesson reviews the typs of fields and provides you with general information about setting up your fields.
To Add a Question (New Field) into an Event Form click on Add Question. All of the available types of fields that can be added into the event form appear for you to select from.
To Add in a New Question:
1. Click on "Add Question" link (at the top of the Form Builder on the right ) or click the "Add Question" button (at the bottom of the form)
2. The different Question Fields will be displayed (as shown in the image here)
3. Click on a Question Field and it will be added to the Form Overview on the Left.
4. Each New Field/Question MUST have a unique name or you will not be able to save the Form. If two questions are the same, then the system cannot distinguish between them and significant errors occur. If Any fields in a specific Form are named the same, the form will show an error which has to be fixed before you can "Save" your Form/Event.
There are a large number of different fields that you can use to create your event form. These include the standard field types such as text and selections field (discussed in the Standard field types).
Custom Field Types including dates, documents and injury diagrams (discussed in the lesson about Custom Field Types)
Calculations using numbers, text, options, profile data (discussed in depth in the section about Custom Field Types) and and fields that link from other Event Forms/Profile Data
Once you click on a field type to add (this example shows a single selection field has been chosen) you have access to different Question Settings and Properties that allow you to specify the exact nature of that field and how you want it to function in the data capture form.
When you add in a Field into an Event Form you have a number of additional settings that need to be set up. These include:
1. Question Setting: Name, Field Instructions etc
2. Visibility: Whether the question appears in the form based on preset fields being answered
3. Options: The options available for selection in that field
4. Scoring Settings: The Scoring for the selection options in a Selection Field Question
5. Advanced Properties: Graphing, max and min limits, formats etc