WARNING: Please be aware that other software, such as excel or adobe pdf generation may NOT be able to translate the different languages and may output characters as "????". Always set up test case first and check which language you develop in works for your specific needs.
N.B. Please ignore all of the words that have been written in a different language that are incorrect, or are typed incorrectly in the images in the steps below. The characters were JUST used for test case purposes to demonstrate that different languages could be written into the system and they would save and display correctly.
Near full translation capabilities have recently been completed on the Main site, Admin and parts of the Builder site
Depending on which language you access the system in, most of the modules in the main application can be accessed and used in any of the languages available.
The features on the main application that can appear translated when a different language is set on your system include:
- Enter Date (note that the form and field names are translated using a separate translation file which your organisation must maintain)
- Enter Data for Group (note that the form and field names are translated using a separate translation file which your organisation must maintain)
- Profile Pages (note that the form and field names are translated using a separate translation file which your organisation must maintain)
- Enter Schedules and Appointments (note that the form and field names are translated using a separate translation file which your organisation must maintain)
- Preview Schedule-including Publish
- View Appointments and Schedules
- Calendar, Recent Entries etc
- Athlete History and Reports Pages
- Performance Alerts
- Yearly Plans
- Import Data
- In box and Send Message
- Performance Profiles
- Sidebar-including links and critical info fields
- Group By filters on the athlete history page and body diagram.
Fields that appear translated without having to translate on the separate translation file:
- Body Diagram and Body Diagram Summary
Additionally, for Arabic Translation, the position of the modules and sidebar etc changes from left-to-right to a right-to-left layout.
The installed online will also appear translated into the selected language
Please note that there is a limitation with right to left layout on the Installed Online Version. The software we use to enable installed access on, does not recognise page limits, so the alignment is influenced and not all modules appear right aligned.
iOS and m.html will soon display all of the modules and all of the events fields etc in the selected language
iOS and m.html will soon display all of the modules and fields in
Current Modules or Fields which do not have a separate translation file, but that can be written in the system in a different language
While not all modules and features can have an alternate "translated" field that appears when a different language it selected, many of the modules accept the use of characters from a multitude of languages. See below for examples of how these could be integrated into the system.
Performance Summary Dashboards
Admin Site modules which are NOT translated, but which can have different languages written into them
All of the Module names appear translated, e.g. People, or Role (see the image on the right), but the actual name assigned to a Role or a Group is NOT translated. Below are example of where an alternate language can be used if required.
Custom Page Layouts
People: names can be written in a different language. Note that the dual language capability is available as well and is preferable in some instances
Modules and fields on the Main Application which currently cannot have a translated value assigned to it.
Some of the modules and features currently do NOT support translation or the use of alternate languages. These include, and may not be limited to:
- Spot Fire Reports
- Excel Reports
- Live Reports
- All OSICS Injury and Medical Codes
- All In Form Charts and all Chart by default
- Related Entities
The Administration site will appear translated, and you should be able to perform most functions in your selected language
The Administration site should be available to perform all of the normal functions in your selected languages. Note that csv outputs or downloads will revert to english.
N.B. Smartsaves and Smartflows should NEVER be written in a different language. These should only EVER be written in English
N.B. The name SmartFlow and Smartsave will appear translated in the builder, but please do not create these in any other language than english.