The 9 Step guide to sending out login information
Once you have followed the 10 point Builder checklist and have Sign Off from the technical lead/s you are ready for sending out the login information.
1. Login into the actual site and double check the forms, data flow etc by entering in data for a test group of athletes. If you can't work out the data flow, your users won't be able to either!!
2. Set up your Groups and Roles so that your group structure is exactly as you require it, and so each user can access the right athletes (groups), events (data permissions) and modules (system permissions)
3. Import your athletes into the system into their role/s and group/s, or add existing athletes on the system into the correct Groups and Roles
4. Import you professionals into the system and ensure they have access to the correct Groups, or add existing staff as Coaches to Groups and ensure they have the correct Role/s
If you are importing, double check the case and spelling of the roles compared to those on the Admin Site
5. ALWAYS give each professional access to an extra "Test Group" of athletes so they can enter in testing data. Login using a user's login details to test the access they have, and set up any necessary front page reports
To become familiar with the system, we always suggest giving each Staff/Professional access to a test group of athletes where they can learn the data flow, test the form and understand the system before they start entering data for their actual athletes.
6. Write out your Welcome and Login information detailing why the site was created, the address, their login details, privacy and data protection act requirements, and who to contact if they need assistance
Welcome to the first version of the on-line and off-line Performance Monitoring Software.
The programme has been created by ___________to enable you to track important aspect of your athletes' ______________ information. The software has been designed in conjunction with ________ to enable you to safely store, track and monitor your athlete's _______ information. The forms have been developed to accommodate the information that you track, and some of the forms may need to be updated to better reflect your data capture and reporting processes. You will need to liaise with ___________ if you have any queries about the actual data that is captured.
A new account has been created for you on the on-line SMARTABASE system. You can login on-line using a Chrome (preferred option), Firefox or an Internet Explorer Internet Browser from anywhere with internet access. Access is only available over an encrypted connection so you must type in “https://” to access the system. This provides a secure link that has the same level of data security as a bank. An installed version is also available for you to use.
2. Login Information:
Access your system using: https://my.smartabase.com/sitename
Your Login: alice.samson
Your Password: ashyi2876
Kindly note that the application name (https://my.smartabase.com/sitename), your username and your password are all case sensitive (e.g. lowercase).
Please save this email for future reference because it contains important login instructions. If you encounter any difficulties while logging in, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Important Security Information:
The information that you store on the system is valuable. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe and secure. If you think that your password has been breached immediately e-mail Smartabase email@example.com
You will be able enter and access information for a test group of players to become familiar with the system, and the groups of players that you are responsible for recording data for.
Each time you login on-line, you MUST logout at the end of each session. The installed version simply needs to be closed.
Your information will be stored on the ____servers in the _____ and will only be shared with other staff who have access to your athletes' data. The data will only be used in conjunction with the Terms of Service and will not be shared with anyone else. Profiler is registered with the UK Data protection act and your use of the software needs to comply with this act.
5. What Next?
- Login to the system and enter in data using the Enter Data button for the test athlete group that you have access to ____________will initially liaise with you to discuss your feedback about the system and take you through it if required. If additional changes are required to forms or fields then these will be made through______
- Help Documentation is available on the link at the top right of the site.
- Access the Help button- on the left of the website you will always have access to a “help” button where you can enter in any questions directly.
-If you notice that you are accessing the wrong groups of athletes, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Best wishes, the ____________ and the Smartabase/Profiler Team.